Handmade sausages in fresh baked bread are topped with gourmet versions of typical Danish condiments. Onions sauteed in duck fat and rosemary, wild mushroom remoulade ( pickled vegetable mayonnaise), French cornichons, and baby watercress. The flavour combination is very good.
You can enjoy it at a small eating counter inside or get it takeaway in a small wooden boat for 49kr. Løgimoses is located in the newly designed Nimb restaurant complex across from the central train station.
NOTE: Løgimoses is now called Andersen Bakery here's an article on Andersen
I intend to go back and try their version of a fransk hot dog. It's a bit too early to judge, but I'm sure Løgimoses will make the Street Cuisine "Hotdog Top 5" in the future.
Danish Mushroom Remoulade
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 diced shallot
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- 2 finely diced sweet pickles, or 5-6 diced pickle slices
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Saute mushrooms, shallots, carrots in a little butter browning them slightly.
- add the vinegar and reduce all the liquid
- add the Dijon, capers and pickles
- let cool and mix with the mayonnaise